Tuesday 13 February 2018

30 Paintings - Day 13!

Today's painting is sort of a companion piece to one I did the other day.
#1078 - Devil Fire #2 - 10 x 16 diptych acrylic on canvas
While the surface of the first of these was serendipitous, this one was planned. The first was done on Masonite and this is on canvas. I found this piece a lot harder to do as the canvases have a different texture and they kept moving too. It has been a while since I did one of these split paintings and I forgot how much trouble they can be - lol.

Stop by Leslie's Blog to see what the other artists are up to. Many of the photos have links to blogs and you can see the paintings larger and read a bit about them too.

It is always nice to hear from visitors so please leave a comment.


12 comments:

  1. Very interesting work. Caught my eye right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the composition and the two panels. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cool, Val! Also, I love your practice of keeping parts of paintings that you like, and using the mat to isolate parts of your painting. I love Under the Sea, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. Experimenting and working to 'fix' things is part of what I enjoy about art.

      Delete
  4. I think you really are doing well and have the hang of abstract

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelvia - some days more than others - lol

      Delete
  5. Love the warmth, the light breaking through :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila - I almost added more white in that part but decided to let well enough alone - lol.

      Delete
  6. Georgeous job, Val - you've got a wonderful eye for abstract!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Win. Like most things, my skill at abstract can be derailed but I am being reasonably consistent I think.

      Delete