Tuesday 9 January 2018

I'm Still Here!

It is hard to believe that it has been almost 2 months since my last post. I don't even have the excuse of being too busy although I did have a cold/cough/flu thing for about 3 weeks and that really put a damper on things.

The Wynndel Christmas Craft Fair was quite successful for me; good sales and a few people signing up for quilling lessons. I also had a few sales at a local Christmas Pop-up store.

I haven't done a lot of painting but I did manage to get a few things done.
#1061 Soft Tones Poppy

#1062 - Into the Light
These paintings were actually just done to try out some new products; Soho Urban Artist acrylic paints and a Mimik Creative Mark brush. I ordered a number of things from a new (to me) company and received a number of 'gifts' with my order. How cool is that?

I decided to frame another of my painted feathers as people seem to prefer them that way.
#1063 - Hummingbird with Fuchsia
I figure the feathers look better with a bit of a background so I added the painted bird and some sky colour. This was a good move as the piece sold!

My final painting of 2017 was supposed to be part of a gift exchange at the Creston Art Club's Christmas party. Unfortunately, I was too sick to go.
#1064 - Northern Lights - 8 x 10 acrylic
But, now it is time to look forward to 2018 and I am starting off with the Liberate Your Art Postcard Swap. You can check it out on the Facebook page - LYA Facebook

I have many cards of my paintings already made and it is very easy to turn some of them into postcards so I was able to get my package off in the mail early. I won't share my cards but I figure I can share my envelope.

The postcard swap is a fun way to connect with artists from all over the world. Why not give it a try?

I have also signed on to do the 30 paintings in 30 day challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta. The challenge will be in February this year and - I hope future years too as I think it is a better time than January. Find out about the challenge here - 30/30

So, it looks like I am finally getting my act together and doing some art - at least I am planning it - lol.

Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment.













14 comments:

  1. LOVE your envelope Val. And so nice to see what you have been up to. VERY happy you survived the flu thing. I have run out of fingers to count all the people/family I know who has come down with it.

    Haven't even begun to think about what I am doing for my cards. I better get with it, everyone seems to be done early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila. I was pleased with my envelope too. So many people here have been or are sick - I just tried to stay away from people so not to spread it any more.
      You still have lots of time for your cards - good luck.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you at the LYA 2018 adventure... Nice envelope. Cheers, Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. Glad you like the envelope - see you more on the LYA Facebook group.

      Delete
  3. Your feather painting is gorgeous! I love that you added the additional hummingbird! I haven't signed up for the postcard swap yet, but I will. I look forward to it each year. Beautiful envelope you're sending your postcards in! Glad to hear you're feeling better, I had was also down with a virus almost the entire month of December. it was a bad one! A least things are looking up for both of us! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy. Happy New Year to you too. Glad to hear you are better as well. I have been sick for so long in ages and hope that it will be the last time for a few years - lol. Thanks for your comments - glad you like my work! See you during the LYA swap.

      Delete
  4. As always, your work is beautiful! The painted feather is gorgeous! I think A few of them would look great, together in a vase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel. Nice idea about the feather - maybe I will display them that way and give potential purchasers an idea. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  5. I'm delighted to see you back posting, Val, and glad to hear that your Christmas sales went well. I'll be looking forward to seeing those postcards when they're up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Win. I am still not quite in the mood for creating but I am sure it will come. Gotta get my mojo back - lol.

      Delete
  6. This latest work is wonderful, Val. Congrats on you recent successes, too. So glad you’re doing the 30 in 30!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. I am trying to get back in the swing of things and hope the 30/30 sparks some 'zing'. I am looking forward to seeing your work for the challenge.

      Delete
  7. Glad your Christmas fair and the pop-up were successful! It is good to see you back posting...2 months is a long time. I love the way you added to the feather and frame...looks great that way. Your envelope is pretty...that will make someone's mail special.

    At first I was a little disappointed that Leslie changed the time of the 30 day challenge, but then I thought about it and it is always so hectic to try and get started with something new on Jan 1. Feb 1st seems more reasonable. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I am glad to be back - hopefully - in the groove. I think February is going to work better for me too for the challenge. I am glad you are going to participate too.

      Delete