Monday 30 January 2017

30/30 January Challenge #30

Well, it is over and none too soon as I have run out of steam!

Today's painting was planned around another of the pre-cut mats I have.
#1008 - Chickadee in the Maple - 5 x 9 watercolour
Unfortunately, by the time I finished playing with colour, the pre-cut mat was all wrong. The tan mat just didn't work with the painting so, I painted it brown! I was rather surprised that it worked although the mat now almost looks like wood instead of paper.

I believe that tomorrow we are supposed to share a collage of our month's work and then the challenge will be complete. It has been great, seeing the work of old 'friends' like Sheila, Laurie,  Joan and Nelvia as well as finding some new artist friends to follow -  Cindy and Sharon to name a few. I look forward to seeing more posts from all of them as the year progresses and maybe, just maybe, trying to emulate their work.

Don't forget to check out the work by the many artists who joined Leslie's 30/30 Challenge and tune in tomorrow to see my collage.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely job!!! I love your colors and the suggestion of more branches and leaves in the background. It was great to follow your work again. I guess I'll have to see if I can do the collage. I think that is harder than doing the challenge itself. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joan, so glad you like this one. I was just trying the collage and the pictures keep getting away from me - I will try again later. I agree it is harder than the painting-so frustrating. Keep sketching and sharing!

      Delete
  2. Well bless happy accidents. I sometimes am lucky enough to get a pack of the centers of cut mats from the Hobby Lobby, big box craft store here, and I use them all the time to draw or paint on. I love them, they are thicker than paper and don't tend to warp, although they will bend.
    Do I get the feeling you are ready for Spring up there? We have little Chickadee here too and they are so fast, flighty and think they are big!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually cut my own mats and always have left over mat around for whatever I need. This is the first time I have painted one with the intention of using it for framing. And yes, I am ready for spring although it is really more than 2 months away - oh, well. And the Chickadees? they flit about all year long from feeder to tree and are so much fun to watch. Have a good rest Nelvia and keep on sharing those experiments!

      Delete
  3. Your bird is so well done and cute! And I love the color of fire in the leaves, yet they don't detract from the chickadee. A very nice painting. And I look forward to checking in with you too!

    ReplyDelete