Tuesday 3 January 2017

30/30 January Challenge #3

Brr, it is cold out today! A perfect day to stay inside and paint, except that our furnace is making horrible noises and we are afraid it will stop working before the part we ordered to fix it gets here - keeping our fingers crossed.

I have two pieces finished but I am going to keep one in reserve to use if I get behind.
#981 - Train Coming - 5 x 7 watercolour




When I was putting yesterday's reference photo away in my 'miscellaneous' file, I noticed a magazine clipping of this scene. I believe it was an ad for a technology company in one of Bob's computer magazines. Don't ask me how a train in a tunnel relates to technology but I liked the subject and filed it away.

I have filed away so many clippings and photos for reference that I have decided to use my Miscellaneous file while I do the challenge. So far I like what I have done and am going to go and look for tomorrow's subject.

Have a great day and don't forget to check out the other artists on Leslie's 30/30 page

6 comments:

  1. I can almost hear the sound of the approaching train. Nice job on the brickwork!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. The brick work almost didn't work cause I screwed up when I stared it - glad you like the painting.

      Delete
  2. Awesome textures all around Val! Love the bright greens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. The greens make a nice contrast to the dark tunnel.

      Delete
  3. Like this one too, very mysterious own what is on the other side and do like your stonework. I had millions of photos too that I collected from who knows where and finally bit the bullet and tossed them since I can find almost anything on line any more. But it hurt!! I still am hanging onto some of my magazines, I have been through many of them eliminating the ads and supperfulous stuff to make them skinnier, then just picked out articles I thought I wanted to keep - basically it's a mess too... but just can't bring myself to toss them yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a nice big File cabinet and the pictures I like are in various folders; people, skies, rural etc so it is easier to find specific things. I remember an artist that I studied with years ago had 6 sketch books and never seemed to be able to find the reference she wanted - files are easier. Have a great day Nelvia.

      Delete