Wednesday 20 January 2016

2016 Day 20

I still have some of that strange plastic canvas paper left, so I figured I would try it again for today's painting.
Wild Columbine
This is a reprise of a painting I did a number of years ago; a mixed media with a watercolor and pen & ink background with the flowers done in acrylic (below). I have always liked painting on watercolor paper with acrylics and I must say that I like it so much better than this strange plastic stuff.
By the Old Log (SOLD)
"Wild Columbine" is an unframed 5.5 x 8.5 acrylic on plastic canvas paper.

Only 10 more days to go before the end of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge and I am looking forward to the finish, although I will be sad not to see the paintings that are being shared daily.
 

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful textures in this, and the previous painting. Both wonderful Val! I will miss the daily art as well. Always so inspiring to see :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila - I appreciate your comments - they often make me think about my art more.

      Delete
  2. Nice job on this! I love the flowers and the textures behind them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan - Columbine are such nice flowers to paint interesting shape and nice colors although the purple ones are my favorites.

      Delete