Friday 9 January 2015

DAY 9 - Not a Painting!

Our internet was down this morning, then we went over the mountain to visit a friend in Nelson so I am a little late getting this out.
Orange and Green Jar
My painting today is not a regular painting but a recycled glass jar painted with alcohol inks and decorated with painted metal leaves.

I bought myself some alcohol inks before Christmas and have been playing with them a bit. The colors are vibrant and very strong and will take some getting used to. I am not really keen on using them on glass but I like the way they behave on the metal. The metal is just cut up pop cans and I paint on the inside: the leaves are bendable but I am afraid the photo really doesn't do the whole thing justice.

I seem to be setting a number of goals for myself this winter (learn Oriental brush painting, Anime and Alcohol Inks): now all I need is time!

Don't forget to check out the collection of art at http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.ca/ and go to http://paintamasterpiece.blogspot.ca/ to vote for your favourite piece of art from those shared there. Remember, voters and artist could win a prize.

4 comments:

  1. Really cool idea Val. Those leaves look great, bet they are even better in person. Looks like you are having fun :) I didn't know that alcohol inks were so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheila. Yes the alcohol inks can do lots of different things. A Facebook friend has done lots of glass vases and sold them too. I checked out a bunch of youtube videos before playing with the inks and still have lots to try. I find them fun but frustrating too - good luck with tomorrows painting!

    ReplyDelete